Wednesday, January 21, 2009

IN THE FOLDS OF THE FLESH

During the past several weeks, I have been working on remixes and collaboration tracks for YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, and now have 13 tracks in various degrees of completion. One track in particular has held my attention over the last few days, and while it is not finished by any means, something about the way it sounds at this moment is having a particular impact on me. In its simplicity, the profound sadness contained within is resonating in some very deep corner of my self.
Maybe it's because it seems to so perfectly capture the way I have been feeling during the past month. I do have to say that the impact of this track is due in large part to the efforts of my collaborator, Kristoffer Oustad, of KRISTOFFER NYSTRÖMS ORKESTER and V:28, and I anxiously await his next contribution to the track.
More information on his endeavours can be obtained here:
http://www.myspace.com/knoprojekt
http://www.myspace.com/v28band

What little memory I have of the film IMMORTAL BELOVED is confined to a single conversation where Beethoven is quoted as having said something to the effect that music is the only artform in which the artist can place the audience in the exact frame of mind in which he finds himself. I've always liked that notion.

Therefore, I feel compelled to share this unfinished piece with you, my captive audience...

No comments: